DEEPIKA PADUKONE SAYS SHE WAS MOLESTED AT THE AGE OF 14



Deepika Padukone was a victim of death threats for her portrayal as Rani Padmavati in Sanjay Leela Bhansalis Padmaavat. However, after much patience, the movie finally released on January 25, 2018, and is flourishing at the box-office The actress, who is basking in the glory of Padmaavat was asked by a leading news channel on whether the threats worried her parents. On this, Deepika recalled an incident from her teenage years where she was molested by a man but fought back and made her parents proud.
"I was 14 or 15. I remember one evening my family and we were walking down the street.
We had probably finished eating at a restaurant.
             
 My sister and my father walked ahead and my mother and I were walking behind. And this man brushed past me. I could have, at that point, ignored, pretended like it didn't
happen.I turned back, followed this person, caught him by the collar - I was 14- in the middle of the street slapped him and walked away," Deepika stated.
             
 Now, that is one badass woman!
    Recently, in an interview, when Deepika was asked if she ever felt that Padmaavat will not release at all, the actress revealed, "No, I don't think. I would have given my life to
if I had to to make this film release because that is my right as a citizen of this country it is the right of everyone to ensure that when you create something people have the opportunity to view and to see ànd enjoy and to experience. So, if this film took me down
that path where I would have to go to extreme way to whatever it took to make this film release, I would have done that."
"But no, I didn't lose faith in that sense. I was very very certain that it would release. Yes, I can say that I wasn't sure when it was going to happen, but I was very very sure that it would happen at some point," Deepika
added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Pages